Made in 1939, Gone with the Wind was set in the late 1800s in Civil War torn America.
Far from the front lines, this is the perfect outfit for a Southern Belle.
- Headband – blue w/oversize blue satin bow & attached lace trail
- Hairbow – oversize blue satin on comb
- Shoulder wrap – creme faux fur w/blue velvet trim
- Dress – sleeveless white cotton w/blue floral print & lace & satin trim plus attached petticoat
- Waist sash – blue satin w/oversized bow at back
- Crinoline – hooped petticoat
- Necklace – cameo
- Gloves – white elbow length satin or white lace
- Purse – white cotton w/lace & blue ribbon trim – best hung from the waist sash as pictured
Did you know:
- Gone with the Wind was a Pullitzer Prize-winning novel before it became a movie masterpiece – making this a classic teacher costume option for Book Week
- One of the original dresses worn by Vivien Leigh in the 1939 production of Gone with the Wind, sold for $137K US at auction!