You could not pick a more suitabe Elizabethan Costume than Queen Elizabeth I herself! This is a regal, hand-sewn, stage quality costume for the “Virgin Queen” (1533 – 1603), a politically astute monarch whom many consider the saviour of England.
The daughter of Henry VIII & his second wife Anne Boelyn (one of the many who lost her head), Queen Elizabeth I ruled England & Ireland from 1558 until her death with the self-proclaimed, “heart & stomach of a King”.
An imposing costume for a formidable woman.
- Crown – blue silk w/blue chiffon train, black velvet embroider, blue jewels & red curled fringe
- Collar – white pleated ruff
- Bodice – corseted red velvet w/black beaded detailing, black red & gold patterned trim, red & blue velvet sleeves & black lace frill cuffs
- Skirt – patterned red velvet overskirt w/black lace hem & attached blue satin petticoat
- Crinoline – structured petticoat
- Queen Elizabeth had red hair & an extremely high forehead – achieve this look by tucking your own hair inside the black hooded section of the crown, leaving only the red fringe showing
- Make-up should be extremely pale, with minimal attention to the eyes & a focus on bright red lips & flushing cheeks
A note on sizing:
- To fit sizes approx 14 – 18
- Adjustable lace up corsetry is 40″ at it’s smallest, with adjustable skirting to suit to suit up to 37″ (94cms)